Thursday, June 23, 2011

Training June 23, 2011

These last few days I have not been able to get a chunk of time for study. During the day, I probably spent 15-20 minutes reviewing several dozen tactical problems. I'm also going to end my day studying an internet lesson on ICC by GM Larry Christiansen (on his regular show Attack with LarryC).

One thing I'm trying to do when studying master games or online lectures is to ask myself actively whether or not I understand the material as well as asking myself questions to check that understanding. In the past, I used to be more passive when reading through master games are listening to online chess lessons. I believe this type of proactive engagement will accelerate the learning process. More on this in a future post.

No comments:

Post a Comment